Public Relations Account Manager
Are you an experienced PR professional?
Do you have a "work hard, play hard" mentality?
Are you a strong writer with great people skills?
Are you looking for a company that offers perks like powder days, lunchtime bike rides and paid volunteer time? How about a professional development fund and an annual wellness stipend? Do you want to live and work in a place with access to world-class skiing, fishing, hiking, paddling and biking?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then rygr has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a creative, passionate public relations professional to join our hard-charging team as an Account Manager.
Job Description: The Account Manager (AM) has at least three (3) years of public relations or media experience. The AM serves as a primary client contact, developing and executing strategic communication plans. The AM reports directly to the agency principal and is responsible for the daily oversight of two-to-three client accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contacts
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media
- Develop and execute strategic PR plans that deliver on client goals and objectives
- Maintain regular client reporting: weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Regularly pitch client stories to media and follow-up on story opportunities
- Develop effective press releases and compelling content for clients
- Create targeted media distribution lists and build new media relationships
- Monitor for client media coverage
- Attend tradeshows, sales meetings and in-person media meetings on behalf of clients
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and media coverage
- Have a solid understanding of social media networks and marketing
For consideration, candidates should possess most of the following skills or traits.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum three (3) years of public relations or media experience
- Strong writing skills and proven writing experience
- Strong, established active lifestyle media relationships
- Self-directed, yet able to succeed in collaborate environments
- Strategic and forward-thinking approach to PR
- Desire to keep learning and advance within the agency
- Creativity and integrity
- A love of the outdoors
- A sense of humor, and tolerance for bad jokes
- Salary dependent on experience
- Group healthcare with Flexible Spending Account
- 401K retirement fund with matching contributions
- Annual wellness stipend
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Professional development fund
- Paid volunteer time
Please email cover letter, resume and portfolio containing previous work and/or writing samples to email@example.com.
About rygr: rygr (pronounced rig-or) is a new media agency for today’s new media world. We partner with leading active lifestyle brands to orchestrate 360° product and brand campaigns. We excel in the gray zone between paid, earned and owned media. www.rygr.us